The gallery below shows some of the older larger buildings in Timsbury. Click on the names for further information.
Timsbury House was built in Tudor times and was the family home of the Sambornes for many centuries. The family left the Timsbury House in 1938. It was occupied by the Royal Engineers during World War II and used for military exercises. For a short period after World War II it was a girls school. The building was demolished in 1961. See more photos here.
Hillside House was built about 1800 and was the home of William Coxeter James, a Justice of the Peace. The James family were involved in coal mining, particulalry in the Radstock area. The house has been known as Rennys and now Rosewood Manor. It is a Grade II listed building.