Parish Council member activity wef from the May 2023 Local Elections
May 2023: Twelve candidates were nominated to stand as Parish Councillors in the 2023 Local Government Elections. All were currently serving members of the Parish Council and were returned unopposed. They took up office with effect from 9th May 2023.
- Re-elected Councillors: Mary-Anne Ansell; K C Bradley; Paul Carroll; David Collett; Mark Foster; Nicholas Lewis; Ray Merchant; Deborah Murphy; Josie Pownall; Peter Rendall; Sean Stephenson-McGall; Shaun Stephenson-McGall
- Councillor Sheila Clarke did not to stand for re-election in the 2023 Local Government Elections after serving as a Parish Councillor for 8 years.
- At the commencement of the term of office there was one vacancy remaining to be advertised and filled by co-option.
- The current Chairman, Josie Pownall, stood down as Chairman under the 4 year rule defined in the Parish Council’s Standing Orders.
- Cllr KC Bradley was elected by a majority decision to serve as Chairman (for a maximum period of 4 years) and Cllr Mark Foster was unanimously elected as Vice-Chairman.
- Cllr Jayne Langley was co-opted on to the Parish Council at the meeting of the Full Council in June 2023.
To see Parish Council member activity for the previous term of office (May 2019-April 2023) please click here
See the current list of Parish Councillors here.
For anyone interested in becoming a Parish Councillor further information can be found here.
Local Government Elections 2023
The Local Government Elections were held on 4th May 2023 for Wards in Bath and North East Somerset and for Parish and Town Councils
To see the Notice of Election for Wards in Bath and North East Somerset please click HERE
To see the Notice of Election for Parish and Town Councils in Bath and North East Somerset please click HERE
Local Government Elections 2023 – Results for Timsbury Parish Council
(updated on 5th April 2023)
Twelve valid nominations for the thirteen seats on Timsbury Parish Council were received by the Returning Officer by the deadline of 4pm on 4th April 2023 and so the election was uncontested and all twelve were duly elected councillors for Timsbury Parish Council to take effect from 9th May 2023.
The Notice of Statement of Persons nominated can be found here.
Returning Officer Statement of Result of Uncontested Election can be found here
Copies of notices have also been placed on the Parish Council noticeboards in The Square and at Conygre Hall.
Further information on the Local Government Elections 2023 can be found at: