Malcolm Tucker is a resident with a long family history in the village. Among his many roles within the village he was a teacher at St Mary’s Primary School and Chairman of Timsbury Cricket Club. Malcolm is actively involved in the management of the Conygre Hall. He is also a journalist who has written in many local newspapers. One of his projects was a series of articles on the history of Timsbury from 1898 to 1989 which appeared each month in the Timsbury Letter some years ago. 76 different years were covered. Each article was based on Malcolm’s research of back copies of local newspapers and his recollections of Timsbury’s past. The articles were very well received and provided a wonderful insight into life in Timsbury during the 20th century.
We are very fortunate that Malcolm has made available the original articles so that they can be reproduced on this Timsbury Community Website. A new article will be added daily until all 76 are on the site.
Click on the date in the table below to see each article.