The Timsbury Cricket Club has three Saturday teams playing in the Bristol & District Cricket League and runs junior teams from Under 9s – Under 15s with an Under 19 team playing T20 cup matches. If you are interested in joining please contact us at: timsbury.play-cricket.com.
Timsbury AFC runs teams for all ages and play on the Conygre Recreation Field. 5-a-side on the Sports Court during the autumn and winter, especially. Contact Martyn Sage: 01761 471290
In autumn and winter anyone can join in on Wednesday evenings at 6pm on the tennis court area which has flood lighting. For all ages and abilities. Behind the Conygre Hall. Contact Kevin Wright on 07792 805 349
All ages and abilities are welcome to join in every Wednesday at 7.30 in the Conygre Hall. Contact Stan Martin on 01761 472773
The 7 Stars Petanque Club is a friendly group who play at the Seven Stars pub in North Road. The season runs from the end of April to 30 September each year with matches being played on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening. Usually teams play once each week. View the league fixtures. Contact Larry Cunningham: 01761 471248
Timsbury Cycle Group is an informal group for road cyclists (both male and female) in and around Timsbury – Bath and North East Somerset. Our facebook group is a place where we set up regular weekly rides for fun, meet other like-minded people and to get fit. See more here.
There are netball lines on the upgraded sports court on the Recreation Field. If you want to set up netball hoops or a team arrangement contact the Conygre Trust’s Peter Buchanan 01761 471 818.
Royal British Legion skittles team plays in the Legion club.
Tennis UPDATE 11th 2020 Dec
The court behind the Coygre Hall is now available for tennis every Friday, Saturday & Sunday until 31st March 2021
Singles may be played by any two people; currently, doubles may only be played if each pair comprises members of the same household or “bubble”.
Book and pay online at: www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/TimsburyTennisCourt
First bookable session 9.00am, last session starts at 7.00pm. The charge is £5.50 per session.
There are no toilets or changing facilities here.
Please follow this advice:
- Wash or sanitise your hands before you arrive
- Bring hand sanitiser and wipes with you
- Bring all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats or towels)
- Arrive changed and ready to play, as close as possible to the start time of your session
- Avoid touching court gate, fences etc. if you can
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court – if you need to wait then do so away from the court and clear of the gate
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including rackets and water bottles, before and after use
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others
- Bring your own tennis balls that are clearly marked (e.g. with your initials)
- Please leave the court a few minutes before the start of the next session and make sure that you take all your belongings with you
- When you leave, please use the padlock to lock the gate and rotate the dials away from the numbers you were given to open it.
Regulations for play between members of different households:
- Stay at least two metres away from the other player(s) whenever possible (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with the other player(s) – no shaking hands or high fives
- Stay on your side of court and don’t change ends, or change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls
- Don’t use your hands to pick up balls that aren’t yours – hit or kick them to your opponent(s)
Emergency contact number: 01761 471818 (Chair of Conygre Trust)
An open group for all ages and abilities in the YMCA building on Wednesday eveniongs at 7.30. Contact Kevin Wright on 07792 805 349
Short Mat Bowls
Short Mat Bowls are a group of friendly, enthusiastic bowlers who invite anyone to come to try Short Mat Bowls with a view to joining us and becoming a member of a very sociable club. We run three regular sessions at the Conygre Bowls court. Contact Sue and John Gardner: 01761 472741
Timsbury Snooker Club was formed in 1973 when the players moved into the snooker room built on the side of the newly opened Conygre Hall. Previously, the players had played in the Miners Welfare Hall on the recreation field (known as ‘The Hut’). The snooker room is available 24/7, although heating is not supplied during off-peak hours. The club enters six snooker teams and two billiards teams in the Radstock and District Billiards and Snooker League. Matches are played on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and on these nights social play is very restricted. Find out more »
To add a listing please use our online form to contact the webmaster.